We've compiled an article completely centered around the frequently asked questions we get about caravan finance. If you've never financed a caravan or are well versed in the ins and outs of caravan finance and would like a refresher, we have you covered. If you have a query about caravan finance that's not covered in this article, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 955 600 and our friendly team can assist you with your question.
What is the best way to pay for your caravan?
Now we know what you're thinking, hmm I wonder if the finance company writing this article will suggest finance as the best option. The thing is finance may not be the best option for you but it could work perfectly for another person. It all depends on your financial situation, your goals and your preferred budgeting method. We break down all the major pros and cons in our full article. Here's a quick summary:
- Upfront payment in full means no ongoing monthly repayments/ no credit checks
- If it fully depletes your savings, you're left with no emergency/rainy day funds
- Purchase may be significantly delayed due to budgeting/saving
Redrawing on your mortgage
- Easy to secure
- No additional outgoings: you just continue to pay your mortgage as you were previously
- Completely at the discretion of your lender whether you're able to access your redraw
- Budgeting is a breeze
- Keep your savings in your account for better cash flow and be covered
- You have a monthly repayment
Why should I use a caravan finance broker?
Whether it's your first caravan or second or third, figuring out how you'll be securing the funds is a significant decision. If you're tossing up between going to the bank or using a caravan finance broker, we've put together some key benefits of using a broker which you may not have been aware of.
Below is a short version:
- Access to a multitude of lenders
- It's a faster, more straightforward process
- Proven experience with caravans
- Personalised service
- Continued support after financing is secured
How to get the best price for your caravan?
We've been in the caravan finance game for over 20 years and as a result know many of the tried and tested tactics to get the best price for your caravan. Not only will these tips help you get a better sale price, they'll assist in making the whole buying process a lot smoother. Below is a short summary of our full article on this topic:
- Tip 1. Walk in well researched
- Tip 2. Timing can be crucial
- Tip 3. Be willing to walk away
- Tip 4. Avoid frustration
- Tip 5. have your finances in order
Get your obligation-free quote today
Backed by two decades of industry experience and an overwhelming amount of positive customer reviews, discover how Stratton Finance brokers can help you finance your new caravan today.