What is a personal loan?
Otherwise known as an unsecured loan, the lender will provide you the funds to purchase the car (or any asset) of your choice, but they won’t hold security over the loan (unlike a secured car loan). This can mean a higher interest rate as without security, the lender considers it a bigger risk.
How does a personal loan work?
The lender will advance funds to you to purchase the car or asset of your choice. You’ll take ownership at the time of purchase and repay the loan to the lender over the agreed terms.
What else do I need to know?
- Flexible contract terms ranging from 12 to 84 months (one to seven years)
- Fixed interest rates mean you'll always know your repayments
- A tax deduction may be available when the vehicle is used for business purposes*
- A good option if you're looking to purchase a vehicle that may not meet the criteria for a secured car loan, such as an older or lower value vehicle
* Please refer to your accountant for eligibility
Common questions about your car loan
What is a personal loan and how does it work?
A personal loan (also known as an unsecured car loan) involves a finance company lending you the money to purchase a vehicle for personal use. Although you’ll make regular loan and interest repayments over a period agreed with your finance company, you will own the vehicle from the time of purchase, due to the fact that the loan is not secured against the vehicle.
What are the benefits of a personal loan?
- Flexible loan repayment periods, ranging from one to seven years
- Fixed interest rates mean you'll always know your repayments=
- The potential to claim tax deductions if the car is being used for business purposes*
*Please check with your accountant for eligibility
What tax and GST can I expect to pay on a personal loan?
Please visit the ATO website or speak to your accountant to find out about claiming vehicle-related tax deductions.
Who should choose a personal loan?
Some of the Benefits of a personal car loan via Stratton Finance
Anytime, Anywhere, AnyhowWe're a "real" online business. Get an online quote, electronically sign documents and receive / send funds electronically; there's no need to leave that couch!
Financial FlexibilityOur lenders have a wide range of options that give you flexibility including early termination fees, variable loan terms and the ability to add a residual.
Looking for more information?
We've made it easy for you to find everything you need here.
EXCEPTIONAL, as good as Customer Service gets
Can't Recommend Highly Enough!!
Meet our network partners
With over 22 years experience, we have built an unmatched panel of finance and insurance partners which gives you access to products for your needs.
Ready to get started?
Get an instant quote or apply now online.