Looking for a summary of all the most commonly asked questions we get about boat finance? You've come to the right place! If you're new to boat finance or would like a bit of a refresh on what it's all about, this article is a great start. If there's something you'd like to know more about that's not covered here, give us a call on 1300 955 600 and our friendly team can assist you with your question.
How do I get a great boat loan?
We've been in the boat finance game for over 20 years and as a result know a few things about what factors determine a good boat loan from a great one. We've put together an article with 5 super-useful tips to put you on the right track.
Here's a quick summary:
- Tip 1. Shop around/do your homework
- Tip 2. Don’t be suckered into dealer finance
- Tip 3. Understand the actual amount you need to borrow
- Tip 4. Simplify things with financing
- Tip 5. Skip the hassles and use a broker
Should I finance a new or used boat?
If you find yourself a bit stuck on whether to go down the new or used route, we've got a full guide to lay out all the associated pros and cons. Here's a few to get you started:
- You know it hasn’t been thrashed/mistreated
- It’s covered by warranty
- premium price
- waiting time
- Reduced price
- Take it home immediately
- You’re never 100% sure of its history
- Limited or no warranty
How to get the best price for your boat?
We're well aware of the tried and tested tactics to get the best price on your new boat. Below is a short summary of our full article on this topic that will help you breeze through the purchasing process and beyond:
- Choose the right type of boat for your needs
- Do plenty of research
- Understand when is the best time to buy
- Be prepped and ready for the negotiation process (we have essential negotiating tips)
- Ensure you have your finance pre-approved
Get your obligation-free quote today
Backed by two decades of industry experience and an overwhelming amount of positive customer reviews, discover how Stratton Finance brokers can help you finance your new boat today.