It’s a question in the caravanning community that always sparks healthy debate, and it’s not that one is better, but rather what better suits your situation. Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons:
Buying brand spanking new
For many, a new caravan is a dream come true:
- Better choice - You can choose the exact features, colour, and size.
- Condition - As the first owner you know that it’s in perfect shape.
- Warranty - The peace of mind a warranty provides is a major advantage.
Buying an oldie but a goodie (used)
Buying a used caravan is a popular way to start your leisurely lifestyle:
- Less expensive - Used caravans cost far less than those fresh out of the showroom.
- Perfect for new caravanners – If you’re not sure how often you’re going to use it, then buying used can be the perfect way to get your foot in the door, without investing too much upfront.
The bottom line?
Really, it all depends on your budget and your needs.
If there are particular features that you must have in your caravan, then buying new is a good choice.
If you have less money to spend then, of course, buying used is a great option.
But don’t assume that you can’t afford a new caravan based on the purchase price. There are many caravan finance packages on the market so give us a call on 1300 766 459 or learn more to find out if financing might be right for you.