Using a chattel mortgage to buy a boat
If you intend to use your boat for business more than 50% of the time, then the chattel mortgage is a great option to get you in the water. The great thing about this financial product is that just like you own a house from the moment of purchase, with a chattel mortgage the boat is all yours from the start.
How it works
Buying a boat with a chattel mortgage is a relatively simple process. Your lender advances the necessary funds, you buy the boat, and they take out a mortgage over the boat as security for the loan. Once you make your final payment, your lender then removes the mortgage and the title of the boat belongs to you.
- You can choose a term of anything from twelve to sixty months (one to five years)
- When you use your boat for business purposes you may qualify for a tax deduction*
- If you’re registered for GST, you may be able to claim the GST in the boat price as an input credit on your next Business Activity Statement (BAS)*
- Monthly repayments along with your balloon payment are fixed and GST free.
- Lower interest rates because the loan is secured against the boat
* Please refer to your accountant for eligibility.
Some of the Benefits of a chattel mortgage via Stratton Finance
Anytime, Anywhere, AnyhowWe're a "real" online business. Get an online quote, electronically sign documents and receive / send funds electronically; there's no need to leave that couch!
Financial FlexibilityOur lenders have a wide range of options that give you flexibility including early termination fees, variable loan terms and the ability to add a residual.
Lifetime SupportDon't get left alone to figure out how much you owe, changing your details, or assessing your changeover options; we're here for you over the life of your loan.
Looking for more information?
We've made it easy for you to find everything you need here.
EXCEPTIONAL, as good as Customer Service gets
Can't Recommend Highly Enough!!
Meet our network partners
With over 22 years experience, we have built an unmatched panel of finance and insurance partners which gives you access to products for your needs.
Ready to get started?
Get an instant quote or apply now online.